- Q: What is a health information exchange (HIE)?
A: An HIE allows the electronic exchange of clinical information about a patient among health care providers within a particular region or community
- Q: How was ClinicalConnect formed?
A: The concept of forming an HIE in western Pennsylvania was analyzed for over a year by CEOs and chief information officers (CIOs) from a number of community hospitals and health systems in the region.
- Q: Who are the providers within ClinicalConnect?
A: ClinicalConnect’s founding members are Altoona Regional Health System, ACMH Hospital, Butler Health System, Excela Health, Heritage Valley Health System, Jefferson Regional Medical Center, St. Clair Memorial Hospital, The Washington Hospital, and UPMC. New members are encouraged to contact us and learn how to participate.
- Q: Is my healthcare information available for anyone to see?
A: No. ClinicalConnect and its participants take your privacy and the security of your health care information very seriously. Only those caring for you will have access to your information as they treat you.
- Q: Do I need to do anything to join?
A: No, if your caregivers are part of ClinicalConnect, you will automatically be enrolled.
- Q: I understand that my information is secure, but I do not want it to be available within ClinicalConnect. Can I opt out?
A: Yes, you may opt out during the registration process when you visit a participating provider.
- Q: Can I choose only certain providers to see my information?
A: No. If you choose to opt out, your information will not be shared among any of the providers within ClinicalConnect.